We powerfully create risk management solutions.
We insure, restore and protect State resources through innovation and collaboration.
We are Responsive, Proactive, and Predictive.
The Division of Risk Management provides property, liability, and auto insurance coverage, claims administration, and loss control services to the participating insureds of the Risk Management Fund. Among those insureds are all state agencies, all public school districts, all public institutions of higher education, and many public charter schools. Utah Code Title 63A, Section 4, mandates the appointment of a Risk Manager, establishes the Risk Management Fund, and directs the administration of the Fund. Critical to the administration of the Fund is the Governmental Immunity Act, Utah Code Title 63G-7 which limits the exposure of the Fund.
The Division of Risk Management is a division in the State of Utah Department of Administrative Services. We are organized into three groups (Administrative, Claims, and Loss Control). Working together, the three groups carry out the mission with which Risk Management has been charged. Key activities include:
Division of Risk Management Organization
- Rachel Terry, Director 801-702-7445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Jensen, Assistant Director – Operations 801-707-2868, email@example.com
- Steven Hughes, Assistant Director – Claims/Loss Control 801-707-2644, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dennis Flynn, Assistant Attorney General 385-499-5778, email@example.com
- Jeff Rose, Risk Strategy Manager 385-228-2367, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Christensen, Claims Manager 801-707-0531, email@example.com
- Ron Boshard, Loss Control Manager 801-870-7356, firstname.lastname@example.org
- TBD, Risk Support Services Manager